A Woman of Strength (Submitted by Aly)
A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape...
But a woman of strength builds relationships to keep her soul in shape.
A strong woman isn't afraid of anything...
But a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear.
A strong woman won't let anyone get the best of her...
But a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone.
A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future...
A woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be unexpected
blessings and capitalizes on them.
A strong woman wears a look of confidence on her face...
But a woman of strength wears grace.
A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey...
But a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will
I can handle anything that life throws at me.
I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or with
finesse, or expediently, but I will handle it.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as
Hugs to all my "women of strength" family and friends!
How To Stay Young (Linda K)
1. Disregard all nonessential numbers. These include age, weight and
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. If you really
need a grouch, there are probably family members that fill that need.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening,
whatever. Just never let the brain idle.
4. Enjoy the simple things. Remember - when you were young, that's all
you could afford. When you were in college, that's all that you could
afford. When you are on retirement, that is all that you can afford!
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. Laugh so
much that you can be tracked anywhere by your distinctive laughter.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who
is with us our entire life is ourselves.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it is family, pets,
keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it.
If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Go to the mall, the next county, a foreign country,
but forget the guilt trips! 10. At every opportunity, tell the people you love
that you love them.
Remember: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but
by the moments that take our breath away.
|A woman of strength
How to stay young and live well
Download Healing Meditation CD from Itunes
Insightful and thought provoking articles
on personal growth and healing
~ SONYA GREEN
Ebooks also available for download from Amazon Barnes and Noble and most download
sites. Click the link top left or the book cover for more info.